Wednesday, 1 February 2012
Artists Inspired by Film -register interest in producing Artwork by Feb. 6th
At the Post Modern 1st to 10th March 2010
Swindon Film Festival in partnership with Artsite
Swindon Film Festival 2012, running from 1st to 10th March, will bring a wide-ranging mix of films and related events in and around the town. There will be films to fascinate you, to excite you, to make you think, to make you
wonder. Some were made very near to home, and some in faraway places; many will make you laugh, a few perhaps will make you cry....
This year, for the first time, the Festival will be using The Post Modern as a venue to show a number of feature films and documentaries.
Inspired by the space, the Film Festival organisers decided that there would be no better way to celebrate their use of the venue than to hold an exhibition of work by ARTISTS – INSPIRED BY FILM.
Working in partnership with Artsite, and with the generous support of Forward Swindon, we invite local artists to submit their original work for the exhibition and entry to the competition for the Film Festival’s ‘Most Inspired
Artist’ Award. There will be a prize of £100 for the winner, and two runner-up prizes of £25.
Entrants are asked to please note the following rules:
1. All work submitted must be original, but can be existing work, and theme “inspired by film” is open to the artist’s own interpretation.
2. Work in any medium may be submitted, but it MUST be suitable for wall-hanging – the body of the venue will be used for films audiences during the exhibition, so free-standing works cannot be accepted.
3. Work to be exhibited must be brought to The Post Modern on Wednesday 29 February unless prior arrangement is made.
4. A fee of £5 payable to Artsite must be made for each work submitted.
5. To help Artsite plan for the event, it would be helpful if potential exhibitors would indicate an expression of interest to email@example.com by 6th February.
6. Anonymous judging of the entries will take place in the afternoon of Thursday 1 March. The prize winners will be announced at the Film Festival and Exhibition launch event, which will take place at The Post Modern on Thursday 1 March at 6pm. The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence can be entered in to.
Any new work specifically inspired by any of the films or actors in the Festival would of course be especially welcome! There are some images hopefully on the Artsite website because I couldn't save them, that might suggest a few ideas, and you will find information about the film festival at:www.swindonfilmfestival.org
The Artsite website:www.artsite.ltd.uk