Friday, 2 March 2012

Launch of the Swindon Film Festival 2012 is a Great Success

Last night, the 1st of March, Swindon's 10 day Film Festival was launched at Artsite in Theatre Square. The mixture of art and film worked really well; winners of the competition, 'Artists Inspired by Film' were announced at 6.30pm when I had agreed to meet those who were taking part in the Open Studios window exhibition, I'm hazy about the results.
There are some photos of the evening on Facebook, the link is:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Artsite-The-Post-Modern/193615744020945
Here are my photos:

 Barbara and Ian, the organisers welcoming everyone to the evening.
 Sue Wigmore's 'My Favouirte People's Films', made in glass and copper.
I was talking to Sue last night, looked across and saw this piece and said 'Wow look at that'. It was hers, a happy coincidence. I reminded her how much I love her Howard Hodgkin inspired plate.
 This is Sally Taylor's 'The Others' in mixed media
 Here's a flavour of the event.
 Tim Carroll's 'Anthony and Cleopatra' as played by Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor taking a break between shooting. He came joint second.
 Pei Pei Lim 'Resistance', acrylic on canvas
And a good chatting shot. These occasions are brilliant times for getting people together.
And the winner of the Artists Inspired by Film was Jaime Bullock:

No comments:

Post a Comment