Thursday, 13 December 2012

Eric Ravilious Cards and a Book from the Wet Paint Gallery

I am so pleased with the cards I bought at the current Wet Paint Gallery Exhibition - Bawden, Gill and Ravilious, I am going to frame them.
I thought I'd share them with you first:
 The one above is 'Furlongs', a watercolour painted in 1934.
 This one is 'Tea at Furlongs', a watercolour painted in 1939.
 This one above is 'The Waterwheel', a watercolour painted unsure when.
I left the card in it's Cellophane wrapper and it says 'Wedgewood Museum' at the top. This is entitled 'Garden Implements' and was a pattern used by Wedgewood on their pottery. Last week, the Wet Paint Gallery had some of the pottery for sale.
I also bought my second Eric Ravilious book, a gem- 'The England of Eric Ravilious' by Freda Constable with Sue Simon:
That's what the cover looks like, it's well worth buying for it's background to Eric Ravilious and the Plates which fill more than half the book.
The exhibition runs at the Wet Paint Gallery until the 22nd of December:
www.wetpaintgallery.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment