Sunday, 25 August 2013

Rudbeckia Cherry Brandy - it's magnificent.

 Rudbeckias are brilliant flowers to have in the garden, particularly at this time of year, and the variety Cherry Brandy looked fabulous when I saw it last year in a garden. I was given a packet of seeds in March by a friend, and after a very slow start, finally raised about 8 plants. I gave a few away, and have 4 remaining plants in the garden, just starting to flower.
Are they magnificent? yes I think so, but one recipient of a small plant who has been eagerly awaiting the flowering of her plant, seemed a bit disappointed by the colour.
Here are two photos of it:

And while out with the camera this morning, I also took photos of some self seeded Rudbeckias:

One even growing between the paving slabs:

And lastly the wonderful Tagetes Great Dixter:





No comments:

Post a Comment