Sunday, 25 May 2014

What had grown in my Garden after a Week Away?

On returning home after a week in Devon, I walked round the garden to see what had grown and had to go inside to photograph the best of the plants.
Here they are:
 The poppies do not appear as dark red as they really are, but they are lovely for about 4 days, and in front of them Cirsium rivulare atropurpureum has grown so much and is covered in bees.
 The foxgloves are very tall and coming into bloom just now.
 This ornamental cow parsley I think from Special Plants has about 10 flower heads blooming just now.
And the Aquilegia are just fabulous, with so many colours and flower types, they are fascinating.
Here's a close up of one of my favourite flower types- the super frilly:
And the Clematis has even more flowers open than before.
 And the Iris sibirica, although they do behave thuggishly, are lovely for a few days.
I could go on, but that's a taste of what's good at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment