Friday, 8 May 2015

Marlborough Open Studios Preview Show

I had intended that I could encourage people to visit this lovely exhibition in the superbly airy Mount House Gallery, it finishes today May 8 at 4.30pm, so it's a race against time to advertise it!
But what a lovely idea, to give people a taster of the artists taking part in Marlborough Open Studios which is happening every weekend in July.
I went along to have a look at the exhibition with SOS committee member, Vanetta Joffe, and we were both impressed with what we saw, and made notes of artists who we'd like to visit.
 Great signage outside the gallery

 Beautifully hung exhibition inside, and lots of visitors coming in to have a look.
 Here's Vanetta talking to Mike Thompson
 Below some random shots of walls:


 A beautiful vase:
 A topical painting: Westwoods at bluebell time
 A glorious fish in the window:
 Stained glass piece

 A couple more lovely things, both sold.
 I have lent my copy of the brochure to Jane who is considering how to fit all of our Swindon Open Studios artists into a brochure, so apologies for not attributing work to artists concerned. I will remedy that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment