Sunday, 3 May 2015

Plants at Tyntesfield

Tyntesfield, a National Trust property near Bristol is a place I can visit time and again and enjoy slightly differently each time. This time, a celebration of plants was my focus, as it often turns out to be.
The Wisteria against a south facing wall on the terrace below the house, looking towards the walled garden was glorious:
 And further down so were the Rhodedendrons
 I thought this view looking back to the house was great.
 And so on to the greenhouses...
 where we were lucky enough to be allowed into the greenhouses, some of which are normally not open to the general public, on a guided tour. Everyone has access to the greenhouse where the Abutilon, above, is housed.
 It was at Tyntesfield that I first saw Pelargonium ardens seen here above and below. I acquired my own one shortly afterwards, but we don't get on that well.
 Below something exotic whose name I've forgotten
 And super duper Geranium maderense flowering wonderfully. I bought one from Derry Watkins at Special Plants last year, but mine has a while to go before it's like this one
 And last but not least in the walled garden, an example of professional training against a wall.
I'm sure there was lots more to see, but I was a bit obsessed with a few plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment