Saturday, 11 July 2015

Countdown to Swindon Open Studios 2015

The SOS committee members are working hard at the moment to put things in place for a successful two weekends in September. The brochure is almost ready to go to print, the posters and flyers are ready, and artists are submitting interesting pieces we're hoping will be published in the Swindon Advertiser. I need to make more pages on the website so that each area has its own page, and people don't have to scroll for ages looking for an artist they are interested in finding out more about.
After our recent meeting at Vanetta's house, we had a look round the garden, which looked beautiful, so I thought I'd share some photographs I took:
 This was the view of trees from where I sat on the terrace during the meeting, I could see these gorgeous paeonies from where I was sitting:
 In the boggy area, the orchids were looking magnificent
 The woodstack sculpture made form tree trunk slices is hard to see because it's into the sun.

 Above lovely reflections in the lake, and below the committee looking at poppies in a field sown with wild flower mix

 Above a Lutyens bench and a gorgeous orangey honeysuckle which can't really be seen, and below a superb border
 Crocosmia below showing flowerheads, but into the sun, I'll take some more from my garden tomorrow as 'flower highlights'
 And lastly another lovely border, it's true borders need to be deep.
If the brochure goes to print on Monday, we might have it to hand out by the 20th July. It's looking so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment