Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Alex Coppock-Bunce opened the First Weekend

Vanetta visited Alex during this first weekend and observed Alex is inspired by mysticism and spirituality. She uses a diversity of media within these parameters. Vanetta bought these 3 collages, reminiscent of the beach:
Alex also had a great piece in the Swindon Advertiser:
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/13621239.Artist_says_Swindon_is_inspirational/?ref=fbshr
and then another:
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/13635608.Get_lost_in_a_world_of_artful_creativity/?ref=fbshr
Alex has kindly sent me a few photos which I'll add she also says this:

' I sold about 8 paintings and a mosaic- so some of these have gone! I also left the largest painting behind as a thank you for Richard Deacon.
And I’m still eating the cake '
.
I now have lots of photos from Alex:
 Above and below, lots of drawings and prints

 What a lovely pair above and below glorious colours and reflections
 Below a section of wall somewhere
 And the delicious looking cake
Other photos include the outside of the house with its laminated SOS sign in the window:
 the studio:
 and another one from the living room
 Not sure where this was taken
 This is from above
 Thank you Alex, we now have lots of photos.

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome! The unknown location was Deacon's window in Wood Street. I left the largest painting as a "thank-you" for Richard Deacon for giving me the space.

    Thanks to all of the Swindon Open Studios team there are now some spaces which I can begin to fill up again with new paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, of course, recognise it now!!. I'm so pleased you had such a great experience of open studios. It's been so good this year.

    ReplyDelete