Sunday, 1 November 2015

What a Difference Sunshine Makes at Westonbirt

Two days after my trip to Batsford Arboretum, I was at Westonbirt Arboretum with Lyn this time. Another difference was that yesterday when I visited, the sun shone the whole time and it was very warm, plus Westonbirt is the National Arboretum, so I think that means there are more mature trees to see.
Certainly my photos look a lot better than those taken at Batsford, and they have already appeared on Facebook by mysterious means, I Tweeted them, and then found they were on Facebook.
 I have added so many photos, I'm going to have to be selective
 I've taken masses of photos of red Acers
 this yellow one was lovely:
 and orangey ones:
 and ones with feathered leaves:
 At Westonbirt there are also amazing groups of trees, against the blue sky they looked stunning
 This group of conifers were also fab
 Lots of beech trees
 and sillhouetted ones:
 Then a couple of small trees together, a beech with drooping habit
 this was a variegated holly also drooping
 and beside them this Cedar of Lebanon was fantastic
 Two contrasting Acers
 And a subtle sunset on the way home.
Great day out, and 38 years since Lyn's last visit there when Helen was in a carrier on my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment