Saturday, 16 January 2016

Flowering in January

One of my favourite occupations is wandering round the garden photographing plants in flower and putting them on Twitter, on the 6th of January, the following were flowering, and many still are flowering despite the seasonal chill. I've just looked up plants flowering in January and found this huge list: http://www.flowers.org.uk/flowers/flowers-by-month/january/ but never mind, I'll carry on.
 Above, I can't remember the name of this plant, I bought it in flower in May, then dead headed it, and it took ages to flower again because the summer was a bit cold.
 Cobaea above has flowered since about October, I'm hoping since it's on a south facing wall I may have it next year.
 Above a Geranium still flowering today, and below the 'wooly flowered' Salvia

 Above a wallflower, and below something which grows like a weed in my garden.

 Above delightful Cyclamen coum and below a chocolate Hellebore

 Above a Hebe and below that lovely scented Daphne
 Below Coronilla glauca a fabulous plant which flowers all winter
 Just look at this Hellebore, and to think I didn't appreciate them at one time.
 Below a Scabious from seed collected at the High Line in New York.
 Not very special, a Pulmonaria, wonderful for bees though.
 Primroses are flowering
 and the Jack go to bed before noon is almost flowering.
 Just wish I could go and clear up leaves etc, but it's not 'garden time' now as far as I'm concerned.


No comments:

Post a Comment