Sunday, 28 August 2016

Visiting Deborah Battaglia's New Studio

One of the advantages of being an organiser of Swindon Open Studios is that it enables me to visit people's studios in advance of the 2 open weekends, although of course you can contact artists outside open studios weekends, if you want to have a look around their studio, or after the event want to buy something you saw over the weekend.
Having known Deborah Battaglia for about 35 years, I was happy to suggest a visit to have a look at her new garden studio, and her latest work. I visited about a month ago when the sunflower painting wasn't finished, but I loved it so much, I took a photograph of it:
 Apples taken at a bit of an angle:
 Hollyhocks maybe need rotating 90 degrees?
 Better?
 And Dahlias
 I also photographed last year's brochure image:
and swimmers on the wall
 and gorgeous fish
 And here's the fab studio:
 There's also a huge garden to appreciate including this delightful garden beside the studio.
 Deb is at Venue 12 on Kingsdown Road,  just past Arkells Brewery and the Kingsdown pub, and a bit further on you will find Bee Operanto at Kingsdown Park.




No comments:

Post a Comment