Monday, 9 January 2017

Blue Skies in Bath

Bath in the title again, but this time a few photos taken last Thursday in Bath when the skies were fabulously blue, and the buildings looked so good set against them. These are a few of the photos I took, firstly of Bath Abbey which looks good in any light.
and then a close up of the front left of the building
I then saw this tower on top of a building nearby, and decided I'd better find out a bit more about where it is. It's The Guildhall, built between 1775 and 1778 by Thomas Baldwin to designs by Thomas Warr Attwood. It has been designated as a Grade I listed building and has rooms available for hire.
Striding out back to the station, I noticed this church spire sillouetted against the sky on my left. It's St.John's a large Victorian Roman Catholic church which was badly damaged in the Second World War. It has Bath's tallest spire, a notable organ and 2 choirs.
Amazing what you find out when you look it up.



No comments:

Post a Comment