Friday, 21 April 2017

Marlborough Open Studios Preview Show

Last night, I went  to the Marlborough Open Studios Preview Show at the Mount House Gallery in Marlborough, adjacent to the art department on the main road to Avebury, running by the College.
There were lots of people there, lots of wonderful paintings, ceramics, sculpture and jewelery on show, and a lovely welcome outside the gallery:
 I was drawn to work by people I know, like the lovely Simone Dawood who from their website I see is in charge of brochure logistics. Simone had examples of her latest work , I loved this linocut 'Harvest Hackpen Hill', it works really well.
 I rather liked this group of paintings
 particularly the one on the left by Jenny Pape seen below slightly more clearly
 Cinder Row seen below are an example of Kareen Jackson's delightful driftwood creations. There were quite a few around the exhibition, all of which had sold. I have visited Kareen's studio, and would recommend a visit. Kareen was also kind enough to donate a piece of artwork for our Original Artwork Lottery, see next post!!
 Another familiar name is that of Kim Pethybridge who has also taken part in SOS
 showing a couple of pieces including this beautiful Running Moon Hare seen below
The gallery was packed
Pink makes a wonderful background for paintings
 Rather like these bronzes Big Bull and Little Bull by Jane Rickards
 Some of Bryan Hanlon's beautiful paintings among others
 This was a lovely group of work, I liked  Deborah Husk's 'Hellebore, a Study' photograph bottom left.
 Another photo of crowds!
I had to leave early to make sure I got back in time to host #SwindonHour which is on Twitter between 8-9pm every Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment